[highlight-yellow] Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has. – Margaret Mead[/highlight-yellow]
Have you ever had one of THOSE days, where things didn’t seem to go right in your personal or professional life? Maybe it was one of those days where you may have been feeling down, blue or a little disconnected from what you would refer to as “happiness” or contentment? Have you ever had one of THOSE days; maybe it was one of THOSE weeks or even months?
What was it that you needed to feel or do BETTER? Could someone have helped out? Could someone have said, done, or offered something that could have made things seem a little or a lot BETTER? Most of us have days where we could use a kind word, a gesture or something that inspires and/or reconnects us to our own BETTER. When we feel better, we do better. And when we do better, we are ALL better for it.
Getting to Better (G2B) is not always possible on our own. That is why the support and help of others is absolutely essential on our individual and collective Journeys to that Better Place. An important element in the G2B Mission and Vision is to Inspire something BETTER! Inspiration is critical for stimulating emotion, thinking and above all, Action! Inspiration is an important element necessary to move ourselves and others to BETTER.
This newsletter was developed to help you and others, on the Journey to Better, through Inspiration; the inspiration of KINDNESS and BEAUTY. Imagine if you were inspired everyday. Imagine if you were given the opportunity to inspire others. Imagine if your ability to inspire yourself and others was enhanced with tools and strategies for BETTER.
Well Guess what? Orly Wahba of Life Vest Inside (http://www.lifevestinside.com/index.php) and Lydia Criss Mays of See Beautiful™ (http://www.seebeautiful.com/) have made life commitments to doing just that: Inspiring as many people as possible to feel, be and do BETTER.
Orly has initiated what many are referring to as a KINDNESS Revolution. Lydia has begun a Movement for people to See Beautiful in themselves; other people; everyday; everywhere!
The Connection: Kindness, See Beautiful and Getting to Better
Imagine if every day people were Kinder. Imagine if everyday we could see more Beautiful in ourselves and in others. Imagine that if you needed caring, support or assistance and someone showed up to offer it; “Just Because They Can”. Imagine if everyday was a little BETTER than the one before.
Life Vest Inside, See Beautiful™ and Getting to Better are united and committed to the mission of creating that type of Better for you, others and the world overall.
Life Vest Inside
Life Vest Inside is a 501C3 non-profit born out of the idea that in a seemingly chaotic world with its bumps, curve balls and mishaps, kindness keeps us afloat; it makes us believe once again in ourselves and helps us see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Life Vest Inside is dedicated to spreading kindness, goodwill and fostering the fundamentals of social responsibility. Through acts of kindness, LVI seeks to empower people to see the beauty and potential within themselves to effect real and positive change in the world. We aim to train and guide people to take inspiration and turn it into action!
Hatred, poverty, war, crime, bullying, depression, suicide, fear, hopelessness, and unemployment are just a few of the vast amount of global social issues plaguing society today. With them, the fundamentals that make up human strength and perseverance have vanished: self-value, self-confidence, self-esteem. While many programs, “solutions”, have been presented it’s apparent that they completely miss the point. These “solutions” are just band-aids; covering up the wound but never dealing with the reasons those issues came into existence. Life Vest Inside is a preventative program aiming to foster self-esteem and self-value in the hearts and minds of both children and adults whose lack of such has led to social unrest and a state of hopelessness that the world has not seen in many years.
Real solutions take into account the idea of slow, yet meaningful progression. Through vast studies of human interaction and the effect of positive motivation, LVI has found that a vast majority of people in the global world are more stimulated to contribute to society when they feel a great sense of self. Through studies, we have found that there is no greater motivator than the energy one receives when performing an act of kindness and accepting the like in return.
Life Vest Inside aims to create more socially responsible, happier, individuals through our four-step program.
- Inspire! Inspiring and instilling instil faith, hope, and belief in a better, brighter tomorrow through the production of inspirational films as well as the use of social media.
- Engaging! Engaging LVI members globally through our revolutionary app, website, Acts of Kindness Cards, and Kindness Mission Days. We offer users an exciting and accessible kindness experience, so that they will become more aware of the opportunities that surround them.
- Educate! Educating children to see the beauty within themselves, We seek to empower the youth to raise their voices in kindness, love and respect through our wonderful and interactive SEL (Social Emotional Learning) Kindness Curriculum as a means of combating the social issues plaguing the youth of today
- Connect! Connecting people and organizations through our worldwide volunteer database
We have currently launched our program and are entering the Engage sector. Up to date we have reached 20 million people globally in the past three months through our inspirational film The Kindness Boomerang, motivating people to take action and make a change in their lives. People are giving back, feeling more energized to work, and feeling a greater sense of meaning and purpose. We have been touched to have been featured in Ad Week and on CBS News.
Kindness transcends race, religion, culture, and ethnicity! Through LVI’s Kindness Revolution, we can unite the masses across the globe through acts of random kindness.
Life Vest Inside…because KINDNESS keeps the world afloat!
See Beautiful™ was designed to empower girls and women to see the beauty they inherently possess and empower ALL people to see and create more beauty in the world. Pop culture would like us to think beauty exists in, or is defined by, reality t.v. shows, airbrushed models on magazine covers, or manikins in storefront windows. In an effort to capture some of the beauty that exists in each of us and all over the world, See Beautiful™ has started a movement.
- Celebrates the inherent beauty and strength of girls and women through empowerment; We provide an ever-growing list of wonderful resources for girls and women, as well as consistent blog features to empower all to see more beautiful in themselves and the world;
- Shares and supports the work of non-profit organizations committed to making the world a better place; We sponsor a non-profit organization every month who is helping to make the world a more beautiful place. In addition to showcasing their “beautiful” we also send a portion of all our See Beautiful product sales to the non-profit to support their important work;
- Honors stories and work of kind, selfless, individuals who inspire others to see beautiful; We feature “See Beautiful’s” (of which Getting To Better is a current feature) who create and invite more beautiful in the world. From children’s books to songs to projects, we’re always searching for and sharing beautiful;
- Showcases opportunities to see beautiful in the world; We do this through our daily See Beautiful blog posts where we invite the world to come see more beautiful with us and we provide opportunities to see beautiful with them. We also design “Freebies” to help others pay it forward and make the world a better place; and
- Supports a commitment to making the world a better place through the design of eco-friendly, fair trade products that leave all seeing beautiful. We provide eco-friendly and/or fair trade products that serve as a tangible reminder for all to “See Beautiful.” Whether using our products as a reminder to yourself to see beautiful in yourself and surroundings, or sharing it with someone who needs a reminder that s/he is beautiful, you can feel good knowing your purchase was good for the environment and supports the wonderful work of a non-profit organization.
Life Vest Inside and See Beautiful™ are critical to the Getting to Better Initiative. Kindness is necessary to lighten the load; to soften the hardened and; open the closed. Kindness allows us and others to be vulnerable enough to receive and, may foster the support, courage and strength necessary to give of self to others. When we soften and are a little more open we are better able to see and experience more Beautiful, in ourselves, in others and the world overall. And therefore, More Kindness, More Beautiful will inevitably lead to BETTER.
Connect with us and stay in touch. We plan on accomplishing some great things together! You never know when you may need a Kind word, a Kind Gesture or when you may need to connect to Beautiful.
With a touch of KINDNESS, a dash of BEAUTY, and a sprinkle of LOVE, we at Life Vest Inside, See Beautiful™ and Getting to Better most certainly look forward to supporting you and all those you care for on our individual and collective journeys to BETTER!
With Love, Kindness and Bushels of Beautiful,
Steve de Groot, Orly Wahba, Lydia Criss Mays